Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cooking Takes Practice!



For avid iPad users i highly recommend an app called "The Photo Cookbook" - quick and easy.

Cooking has never been easier. 80 recipes range from meat, fish, vegetarian dishes and desserts illustrated with over 700 beautifully done pictures. The photos create a montage for each recipe. So you can really follow the process step by step. It even let you click on every ingredient for further info on the product, and where it can be purchased. All together it's pretty cool, and looks like a fun way to cook even for beginners like me.

So i thought and decided to choose the easiest recipe i can find, just to be on the safe side. Of course I couldn't figure out the right temperature my oven needed to be set. The recipe said preheat to 350 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes until cooked through. I did everything as i was told, and still got a half baked monkfish. Ended up putting it back twice. Needless to say my frustration over the whole thing. I was on the verge of crying, as my perfectly planned dinner presentation was chopped into three pieces, and somehow still raw in the inside. To get the perfect result took 30 minutes on a much higher temperature, and a search for the oven manual (obviously not found).

Ended up giving half the fish to our two dogs, who were patiently waiting by my side. I sensed they secretly hoped things would go wrong, and they get the better end of it. Indeed they did.

Cooking is not easy, even if it's helped by some smart, modern technology cookbook. Some people have special talent for it and some just need practice. I definitely belong the the latter. And i'm eager to try more. Maybe i should start on desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment